This time last year we reflected on freedom in a slightly cautious, careful manner while navigating various levels of restrictions. Twelve months later the tune has changed. Many of us, me included, have experienced a greater understanding and appreciation of the word “Freedom.” This year as we prepare to celebrate Independence Day, let’s think of some reclaimed ways to embrace freedom:
- Enjoying the laughter, hugs and camaraderie at the family cookout
- Going into a movie theater to see a movie (finally!)
- Sitting in a favorite restaurant with someone special to share a meal and conversation
- Going to a baseball game and cheering with the crowd
- Watching fireworks light up the night in person
However you choose to celebrate the Fourth of July this year, take a moment and think about what freedom feels like. How are you experiencing it on a personal level, within relationships and in your community?
Until next time…let freedom ring!